Nominations are now open for the 2021 Minister of Health Volunteer Awards, which recognize the thousands of unsung heroes who help support New Zealand's health and disability system. If you know somebody or a team worthy of recognition please nominate them. All nominations are formally acknowledged by letter and those considered worthy by a judging panel are presented with a certificate during a ceremony at Parliament.
This year's award categories are:
• Health Care Provider Service: Team and individual
• Community of NGO Health Service: Team and individual
• Māori Health Service: Team and Individual
• Pacific Health Service: Team and individual
• Youth Health Volunteer: Team and individual
• Long service: Individual only
There is an additional award for Health Volunteer of the Year (team or individual).
Watch the video announcement below, by Minister of Health Andrew Little and download the Nomination Form at the Ministry of Health website.