This is an exciting role that works alongside qualified staff to deliver a structured programme to older people. There are games and activities that are stimulating and fun. The clients have a lovely morning tea lunch and afternoon tea before they go home in the afternoon. You will work alongside other Volunteers.
You will work closely with the staff to help the clients that need assistance with the exercise programme, recreational games and word and mind quizzes. You will sit with the clients when playing board games or social activities at the tables.
The role includes the following tasks:
• Ensure dining tables are clean and fully set in the morning
• Serve beverages and food to the clients as required
• Assist with collecting the dishes, rinsing, and loading the dishwasher
• Unload the dishwasher and reset the tables as specified
• To undertake other household duties required
Enjoy the company of older people.
Clear and concise communication skills.
A willingness to participate as part of a team.
The ability to commit to weekly roster of one 3 hour shift for 3 months.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Applicants for this role are required to undergo Police vetting.
You can find out more about this process on the Police website:
Safety of the clients