This is an exciting Volunteer role that works alongside staff and Volunteers to deliver an exciting programme to a group of older people. There are games and activities that are stimulating and fun. The clients have a lovely morning tea lunch and afternoon tea before they go home in the afternoon. You will work alongside other Volunteers. You will very much appreciated as part of team of people that are working towards one goal.
You will work closely with the team to help the Club members that need assistance with the exercise programme, recreational games and word and mind quizzes. You will sit with the club members when playing board games or social activities at the tables.
The role includes the following tasks:
• Ensuring dining tables are clean and fully set in the morning
• Serving beverages and food to the clients as required
• Assisting with collecting the dishes, rinsing, and loading the dishwasher
• Helping with the activities and bringing companionship to the Club Members
• This is an opportunity to give back to others but also gain friendship and laughter in your own life.
This is a place to gain work experience, build self confidence and feel part of a team environment.
Enjoy the company of older people.
Clear and concise communication skills.
A willingness to participate as part of a team.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Applicants for this role are required to undergo Police vetting.
You can find out more about this process on the Police website:
Safety of Clients