Volunteer Guides provide a valuable service at the Air Force Museum of New Zealand. For those who volunteer with our Visitor Experience Team at the front face of the Museum, this includes being a second point of contact for our visitors, engaging them with our collection and exhibits, and taking tours as directed by the Visitor Hosts. The Volunteer Guides also assist the Visitor Hosts with the safety and security of the Museum’s collection.
• Be able to confidently relate to a diverse range of people and interpret their differing needs.
• Understand public safety requirements.
• Have a high standard of personal grooming.
• Have a high standard of verbal communication.
• Have an understanding of and interest in RNZAF history.
Time Commitment is ongoing.
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Applicants for this role are required to undergo Police vetting.
You can find out more about this process on the Police website:
To meet requirements of working with the public representing a government organisation, and as directed by the Children's Act 2014.