WHAT YOU WILL GET OUT OF VOLUNTEERING FOR VINNIES
Working for an organisation that makes a real difference for people in need.
Interacting with like-minded individuals, building friendships and a community while volunteering.
Learning more about local communities.
Acquiring new skills
This role contributes to United Nations Sustainable Development Goal
11 Sustainable Cities and Communities
• To assist a driver of SVDP vehicles in a safe, lawful manner.
• To assist a driver to pick up donations of goods and furniture.
• To assist with emptying all society bins on a regular basis.
• To load and unload vechicles in a safe manner.
• To ensure all donated goods received are properly recorded.
• To ensure all procedures at all times are carried out in compliance with H&S regulations.
• To assist with maintaining areas of the stores are kept in a safe, secure, and clean condition.
• To assist with ensuring that all donations received are returned to the appropriate stores.
• To wear a name badge or other identification as required.
• To attend training courses as required.
• The role is very varied and requires our volunteers to be flexible and work in the areas where there is the most need under the guidance of the Store Manager.
• At all times treat clients with sensitivity and make clients feel welcome and comfortable.
• Maintain and respect client confidentiality.
• Work in a corporative and empathetic manner when dealing with all people.
This role demands physical capability.
Any hours you are willing to give
The first step is to express your interest by filling out the form below. We will then put you in touch directly with the organisation for more information on the role and how to proceed.
Applicants for this role are required to undergo Police vetting.
You can find out more about this process on the Police website:
Entering peoples homes and working with vulnerable people